Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ricks Pick- Kill, Baby Kill!- Give It Back Again

It`s been awhile since I`ve posted a pick of the week so I wanted to post up a couple new cd`s that have been turning my ear lately. This one is going to be a bit longer than the previous reviews and from now on I`ll keep them short again. For this week I have to go with the Kill, Baby Kill!- Give It Back Again cd. Anyone that knows me (especially Doug Sacred) knows that KBK has been one of my favorite bands for years even before Dieter`s untimely passing. The Give It Back Again cd is kind of a 3 way split in that it has the songs from their first release which was a split with English Rose (now out of print), the songs from the Give Back The Oi! full length as well as three previously unreleased tracks. I got their split cd when it first came out and it was some excellent in your face aggressive Oi!/ street rock and I loved the band from that point on, so while these songs are all previously released it is great to have them back in print. That fact alone would have been good enough for me... buuuttt as mentioned there are 3 previously unreleased tracks on this cd. I don`t know the origins of these songs as nothing is mentioned about them but they are excellent!! The music is just a little raw (perfect for me), Dieter`s voice is pissed and angry, and the tracks overall match the aggression I haven`t really heard since their debut split. The song Fuck Your System has been getting played over and over that last couple days ha ha.
We have this cd in stock now at Label 56 and it is currently on sale for $12 here. I`d highly recommend this cd if for nothing else than the three unreleased tracks that are included.

~Rick 56~

No comments:

Post a Comment