Burzum Persists. A new Burzum album, titled Umskiptar (Metamorphoses), is scheduled for release in May 2012 on Byelobog Productions . Umskiptar consists of 65 minutes of Skaldic metal, recorded in the Grieg Hall in Bergen studio in September 2011.
"Umskiptar" list track:
- Blóðstokkinn (Soaked in Blood) (1:16)
- Jóln (Deities) (5:51)
- Alfadanz (Elven Dance) (9:22)
- Hit helga Tré (The Sacred Tree) (6:51)
- Æra (Honour) (3:58)
- Heiðr (Esteem) (3:02)
- Valgaldr (Song of the Fallen) (8:03)
- Galgviðr (Gallow Forest) (7:16)
- Surtr Sunan (Black from the South) (4:14)
- Gullaldr (Golden Age) (10:20)
- Nidhoggr (Attack From Below) (5:00)
"The" Umskiptar "album is also a return-to-the-roots album for me, with a strong focus on atmosphere and wholeness rather than anything else. The vocals on this one however are more important than on any other album, with a total of 66 stanzas, some of them even repeated a few times, making up the lyrics of the album The vocals are very important for the special atmosphere and are more important than on any other Burzum album, and more varied too -. and as honest as it gets."
The concept of the album is "Umskiptar" (English = "Metamorphoses"), a deeply rooted European (ie pagan) Stoic concept of changes. This concept was chosen in a world heading for a new Ice Age, and can therefore be seen as Therefore critique of all the popular political movements of our age of lies ". (VV)